NARS Kalahari Duo

NARS Kalahari Duo
Such pretty colors...in the pan. Everyone raves about NARS eyeshadows, so I always expect to be able to close my eyes and pick a winner. I have purchased several NARS shadows in the past and it always ends up the same. I buy them, keep them in my collection for months (virtually unused), then swap/ sell them. I'm never really impressed.  

NARS Kalahari Duo
NARS Kalahari Duo
This Kalahari duo is no exception. The colors are pretty, but the texture leaves much to be desired. These shadows remind me of the texture of MAC's lustre finish shadows (my least favorite). The color pay off is not the greatest and they are a bit difficult to work with. I really expect superior quality when I shell out $32 for an eyeshadow duo...call me crazy.

This duo really did nothing for me. So, I'm giving it a Beauty Vixen MISS.

Comments

  1. I, too, have been to brunt by the NARS eyeshadows that I no longer even bother. I much prefer the color payoff of the Smashbox, Stila and now defunct Nix'ie Cosmetics eyeshadows.

    However, at least NARS blushes very rarely disappoint but as a WOC, I believe there e/s are better suited to those with a lighted complexion but that is just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @NikiD40: I tend to really like the matte and satin shadows that NARS has. The shimmery ones always disappoint. The blushes are lovely, but most are a bit too shimmery for me to wear (I have HUGE pores and oily skin). I do like NARS as a brand though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts