Review: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Foundation

DAY 1:
I applied the product with my fingers and used a brush to buff it into the skin. I used my Benefit The Porefessional to prime, and I did not set it with a powder. I was slightly oily after about six hours, but not much. I used an oil blotting paper, and my skin was fine for the rest of the day. My foundation still looked beautiful at the end of the day.


FOTD: Day 1



DAY 2:
Today I primed with my Hourglass Mineral Veil. Again I applied the product with my fingers and blended it out with a flat top brush. I set everything with my Smashbox Halo powder. My skin didn't get oily at all for about 10 hours, and by then I didn't bother to blot. This foundation stayed put all day. I also noticed when I removed my makeup and washed my face, my skin looked and felt really soft and healthy.


FOTD: Day 2



DAY 3:
I used the NARS Oil-Free Pro primer. Applied the product with my fingers and buffed it out with a brush (this is my method of choice). I set everything with my Laura Mercier mineral powder, and used Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. I honestly didn't think it could get any better than day two, but my skin looked flawless all day. No blotting. No touch-ups. No fuss. Again, my skin looked and felt lovely after I removed it.


FOTD: Day 3



DAY 4:
I wanted to see how this foundation performed on top of a drugstore primer, so I used the Loreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base. From what I can tell, it performed pretty much the same when I didn't set it with a powder. I was slightly oily after 6-7 hours, and after blotting once, my skin was fine. I did not need to touch up beyond that.


FOTD: Day 4



DAY 5:
I tried a primer that I haven't used in a while; the Tarte ReCreate primer. I didn't set it with a powder and I have come to the conclusion that setting this foundation is the most no-fuss way to wear it. It wears well regardless, but you can slop it on and forget it, if you set it. It lasted a little more than six hours (which seems to be the average) before I needed to blot.


FOTD: Day 5



OVERALL THOUGHTS & OBSERVATIONS:
I can tell from using this foundation for the last five days, that I love it and need it. I honestly thought that because it is a thick cream formula, that it would not hold up against my oily skin. I was so wrong. I'm not sure how they did it, but this foundation works with my skin. I noticed that it doesn't settle into my fine lines, and it doesn't make them more noticeable.


I tend to be a lot harder on expensive products, because if I pay more, I expect more. I would have no problem purchasing this $42 product again and again. I feel that it is improving my skin as I wear it, not damaging it. The coverage that this foundation offers is medium to full, and the finish is BEAUTIFUL...I mean satin. It wears incredibly well, and applies like a dream.


I am giving the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide foundation a MAJOR Beauty Vixen KISS.

Comments

Popular Posts